AAFP TIPS: Continuity of Care
Release date: October 9, 2018
Estimated time to complete: <90 minutes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explore key definitions
- Understand the benefits of continuity in primary care
- Define and calculate patient-centered continuity of care
- Define and calculate clinician-centered continuity of care
- Use run charts to monitor your practice’s continuity of care level over time
- Identify strategies to engage all practice staff in improving continuity of care
- Examine practice situations that make it challenging to establish or improve continuity of care
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Author: Tracey Allen-Ehrhart, Manager, Center for Quality, American Academy of Family Physicians
This course does not carry CME credit.