ALSO Provider Course - Online Portion - 2017
Release Date: March 21, 2017
Prescribed credit available: 9 credits
Estimated time to complete online portion: Approx. 9 hours
Welcome to the online portion of your ALSO Provider Course. We hope you will find the information and structure of the course supports your individualized learning needs. The design allows for you to engage in learning the lecture and chapter material at your own pace so that upon attending the Live portion of the course you are prepared for the hands-on simulation and group testing required to receive your ALSO provider status.
All required materials and the post-assessment with a passing score of 80% must be completed at least 72 hours prior to attending the Live portion of the course. After passing the post-assessment you will have the opportunity to print or download your Letter of Participation. Send or give the Letter of Participation to your course sponsor. Please understand without confirmation of successful completion of the online ALSO course, admission to the ALSO Live course will be prohibited.
1. Take the Pre-Assessment (required).
2. Review the materials for each Session and complete the required post-assessment that follows.
3. When you have completed all of the chapters and their quizzes, take the final Post-Assessment. You must pass the course Post-Assessment with at least 80% accuracy to earn credit and attend the live portion of the course.
4. You must select ‘Claim Credit’ at the end of this online course to generate the Letter of Participation and to attend the live portion of the ALSO Provider Course.
You may review any previously completed step at any time. All of the sessions must be completed in order to complete the course.
Upon completion of this activity, you should be able to:
1. Discuss methods of managing pregnancy and birth urgencies and emergencies, which standardizes the skills of practicing maternity care providers.
2. Demonstrate content and skill acquisition as evidenced by successful completion of course examination, skills workstations, and group or megadelivery testing stations.
Total possible CME credit: 9 Prescribed credits