Practical Advances in Musculoskeletal and Sports Care - 8th Edition
Release Date: June 14, 2016
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
1. Assess injured bones or soft tissue to determine the stage and severity of the injury.
2. Demonstrate proficiency in examination techniques, including range of motion, stability, bone alignment and assessment of soft tissue swelling/masses.
3. Prepare treatment recommendations for patients with musculoskeletal injuries that include NSAIDs or pain medication and application of the RICE strategy.
4. Counsel patients who participate in organized sports or rigorous athletics on injury avoidance and use of protective gear.
5. Identify training needs related to procedural skills such as casting, splinting and osteopathic manual medicine.
Total possible CME credit: 24.75 Prescribed credits