AAFP TIPS: Empanelment
Release date: April 27, 2018
Estimated time to complete: 60 minutes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
1. Explore key definitions
2. Understand the benefits of using patient panels
3. Review the steps for creating a patient panel
4. Understand how to assess supply and demand for your practice
5. Learn how to identify the ideal patient panel size
6. Learn about refining patient panels
7. Explore key considerations for ongoing panel management
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Author: Kate Freeman, MPH, Quality Improvement Strategist, American Academy of Family Physicians
This course does not carry CME credit.