ACS and Hyperlipidemia
1. Identify the primary target for cholesterol lowering therapy based upon the Adult Treatment Panel III report.
2. Categorize risk stratification for cholesterol therapy based upon LDL-C risk factors and the Framingham Data.
3. Recognize the importance of hyperlipidemia therapy in the Metabolic Syndrome.
4. Recognize the hyperlipidemia therapy of coronary artery equivalent patients.
5. Relate the importance and role of intensive LDL cholesterol lowering therapy.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Jonathon Firnhaber, MD, FAAFP, Assistant Professor, Residency Director, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1.00 AAFP prescribed