Autism Spectrum Disorders
1. Educate patients regarding appropriate treatment protocol for rhinitis and the responsible use of antibiotics when prescribed as necessary.
2. Access and employ an autism screening instrument for children 18-24 months of age.
3. Identify preschool-age children who have signs consistent with ASD.
4. Identify web-based resources for families of children with ASD.
5. Describe typical behaviors of children with ASD and provide ongoing help to families dealing with these behaviors.
6. Access and use appropriately the American Academy of Pediatrics Autism Resource Toolkit.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2013 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Thomas G. Irons, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 1.00 AAFP prescribed