Billing, Coding and Payment Reform
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
1. Define the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA).
2.Contrast the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System and the Alternative Payment model payment tracks.
3. Analyze the criteria and benefits of participation in each payment track.
4. Chose the most appropriate “pick your pace” option for entrance into the MACRA QPP.
5. Develop a plan for positioning the practice for success in Medicare payment.
6. Discuss how to bill for chronic care management and for home health certification and care plan oversight.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Ariel Cole, MD, FAAFP, CMD, Director, Geriatric Medicine Fellowship, Assistant Director, Family Medicine Residency, Florida Hospital, Orlando; Geriatric Medicine Clerkship Director, Florida State University College of Medicine Orlando campus; Assistant Professor, University of Central Florida College of Medicine, Winter Park, Florida
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed