Bites, Stings, and Other Emergency Things
- Recognize spider and other insect bites and determine treatment
- Appropriately manage a variety of animal bites.
- Assess and manage pit viper bites.
- Recognize and manage acute allergic reactions.
- Recognize and determine which toxicology emergencies require specific antidotes.
- Review current ACLS guidelines.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2012 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Robert Dachs, MD, FAAP, Assistant Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, Ellis Hospital, Schenectady, New York; Clinical Assistant Professor, Ellis Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program, Albany Medical college, Albany, New York
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed