Common Neurological Disorders
1. Describe the classification of seizure disorders.
2. Identify the appropriate diagnostic tests in the evaluation of a seizure disorder.
3. List the medications used to treat status epileticus.
4. Select the common medications for epilepsy and appropriately monitor them.
5. Know the unique features of managing seizure disorders in a pregnant patients.
6. Diagnose and treat vascular headaches.
7. Recognize the indicators for neuroimaging in the evaluation of headaches.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
William J. Geiger, MD, FAAFP, Associate Program Director, Grant Family Medicine Residency, OhioHealth, Columbus, Ohio
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed