1. Understand the rationale and elements of the Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment model of care.
2. Review tools such as the Lawton Instrumental ADL Scale to assess geriatric patients’ activities of daily living.
3. Stage clinical interventions, as appropriate, for patients who face the “geriatric failure to thrive.”
4. Understand the specific domains of expertise for each rehabilitation discipline.
5. Review rehabilitation options, e.g., home health vs. outpatient vs. inpatient vs. skilled nursing facility
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2013 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Janice E. Knoefel, MD, MPH, Professor of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- 1.00 AAFP prescribed