- Identify the primary target for cholesterol lowering therapy based upon the Adult Treatment Panel III report.
- Categorize risk stratification for cholesterol therapy based upon LDL-C risk factors and the Framingham Risk Score.
- Recognize the importance of hyperlipidemia therapy in the treatment of metabolic syndrome.
- Recognize the hyperlipidemia therapy of coronary artery equivalent patients.
- Categorize statin-related muscle complaints and identify risk factors for their development.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2012 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Jonathon Firnhaber, MD, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Residency Director, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed