- Recall the Joint National Committee VII recommendations for the diagnosis and treatment of hypertension.
- Recognize the initial drug therapy and the compelling indications for alternative drug therapy in hypertension.
- Cite the approach to therapy of hypertension in minority populations.
- Cite the approach to therapy of hypertension in elderly populations.
- Identify the most common causes of, and approach to, resistant and secondary hypertension.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2012 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Jonathon Firnhaber, MD, FAAFP, Associate Professor, Residency Director, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed