469 Hypertension Update - June 2018
1. Identify how frequently to screen adults for hypertension.
2. Discuss the best ways to confirm a diagnosis of hypertension before starting antihypertensive therapy.
3. Understand and describe the differences between the major hypertension treatment guidelines.
. Distinguish between hypertensive emergency and asymptomatic severe hypertension.
5. Diagnose and appropriately manage asymptomatic severe hypertension in the outpatient setting.
6. Discuss and address the common etiologies of resistant hypertension
7. Recall the common secondary etiologies of hypertension and be able to test for them.
8. Understand the risks and benefits of various blood pressure treatment goals and apply them when selecting treatment options for older adults with hypertension.
- 5.00 AAFP prescribed