Infertility and Control of Fertility
- Describe principles of patient selection regarding contraceptives
- Discuss the contraindications for various contraceptive methods
- Review the indications regarding methods of emergency contraception
- Review the basic steps for the initial evaluation of the infertile couple
- Review the indications for the laboratory and various procedural tests for evaluating the infertile couple
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2012 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
David Weismiller, MD, ScM, FAAFP, Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Brody School of Medicine; Associate Provost, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed