Intrapartum Fetal Surveillance (Chapter E)
1. Summarize fetal monitoring techniques.
2. Explain the concepts of structured intermittent auscultation (SIA) and continuous electronic fetal monitoring (CEFM).
3. Apply to CEFM the National Institute Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) terminology (NICHD 1997, revised 2008).
4. Develop an overall assessment and management plan for CEFM and SIA, especially for category II tracings, using the mnemonic DR C BRAVADO and published algorithms.
5. Discuss future research in fetal monitoring.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME Credit Information (opens in a new window).
View Disclosures and Disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Wael Mourad, MD, AAFP Continuing Medical Education Division, Medical Director
Total possible CME credit: 9 Prescribed credits