1. Evaluate the underlying etiology of hypercalcemia and select the appropriate treatment.
2. Identify and treat the underlying etiology of hypo- and hypernatremia and prescribe appropriate treatment before the development of neurologic sequelae.
3. Categorize and treat vitamin D deficiency based on serum 25hydroxyvitamin D levels.
4. Assess the underlying etiology of hyper- and hypokalemia and select appropriate treatment prior to the development of serious cardiac adverse events.
5. Differentiate between symptoms of hypo- and hyperglycemia and expeditiously initiate the appropriate treatment.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
© 2013 American Academy of Family Physicians.
Theodor W. Pesch, MD, PhD, Course Chair, Wilmington, Delaware
- 1.00 AAFP prescribed