1. Describe the diagnostic criteria for metabolic syndrome.
2. Estimate the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in your practice.
3. Formulate a plan to assist in the diagnosis of and screening for metabolic syndrome in your practice.
4. Utilize the 2013 Guidelines for lipid management, obesity and lifestyle modification to reduce CV risk in your patients.
5. Counsel patients about lifestyle changes to reduce risk of metabolic syndrome and CVD including diet, exercise, smoking cessation and weight loss
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Lorna Fountain, MD – Family Medicine Residency Program, Bayfront Medical Center, St. Petersburg, Florida
- 1.00 AAFP prescribed