Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
1. Outline the recommended clinical activities for the diagnosis and management of asthma as described in the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program Expert Panel 3 Guidelines.
2. Using a step-wise approach and evidence-based recommendations, identify appropriate medication treatment options for pediatric patients with asthma.
3. Identify available evidence-based tools and resources that will help improve patient adherence, and decrease exacerbations and hospitalizations.
4. Collaborate with asthma patients and parents to develop an asthma action plan that encourages adherence.
5. Develop a follow-up strategy to promote patient adherence to the asthma action plan.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Kelly Sinclair, MD, FAAFP, FACEP, Associate Professor of Pediatrics; Division of Emergency and Urgent Care Services; Section on Child Abuse and Neglect; Children’s Mercy Hospital; Kansas City, Missouri
- 1.25 AAFP prescribed