Unique Neurological Issues
- Identify the classification of seizure disorders.
- Identify the appropriate diagnostic evaluation for a patient suspected of having a seizure disorder.
- List the medications used to treat an acute convulsion.
- Select the common medications for epilepsy and appropriately monitor them.
- Describe the unique features of managing seizures in the pregnant patient.
- Diagnose and treat migraine headaches.
- Recognize the indications for neuroimaging in the evaluation of headaches.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2012 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
William J. Geiger, MD, FAAFP, Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed