Urologic Problems Update
- Recognize the major types of urinary incontinence and evaluate a patient presenting with urine loss.
- Recall the current management options for the patient with incontinence.
- Know the potential signs and symptoms of prostatitis and BPH.
- Select appropriate diagnostic tests for prostatitis and BPH and analyze their results.
- Determine the optimal treatment for prostatitis and BPH based on diagnosis and symptoms.
- Interpret the role of the digital rectal examination and PSA in prostate cancer screening.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View AAFP staff list (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
View disclaimers (opens in a new window).
© 2012 American Academy of Family Physicians. Materials/Contents are not to be reproduced, published or distributed, in whole or in part, in any form or medium, without the express written permission of the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
B. Wayne Blount, MD, MPH, FAAFP, Professor, Department of Family and Preventative Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
- 0.75 AAFP prescribed