AAFP TIPS: Team Documentation
Release date: October 9, 2018
Estimated time to complete: < 120 minutes
At the end of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Explore key definitions of physician burnout and team documentation
- Understand the benefits of implementing team documentation in a physician practice
- Identify the potential cost and time savings of the team documentation model
- Explore key definitions for models of team documentation
- Understand the workflow and benefits of implementing the Clerical Documentation Assistant model in a physician practice
- Understand the workflow and benefits of implementing the Advanced Team-based Care model in a physician practice
- Determine practice staff roles and responsibilities
- Understand how to pilot team documentation in a physician practice
- Understand how to implement team documentation practice-wide
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View credit statement (opens in a new window).
View disclosures (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Author: Kate Freeman, MPH, Quality Improvement Strategist, American Academy of Family Physicians
- 2.00 AAFP prescribed