FPE 457 Valvular Heart Disease in Adults
Estimated time to complete: ????
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
- Describe recommended monitoring intervals for echocardiograms for asymptom¬atic patients with valvular heart disease (VHD).
- Summarize recommendations for the screening of first-degree relatives of patients with bicuspid aortic valves to identify family members with bicuspid valves or thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- Describe the principles of noninvasive medical treatment of patients with VHD.
- Summarize the indications for open surgical valve replacement versus transcatheter aortic valve replacement in patients with aortic stenosis.
- Prescribe an appropriate antithrombotic regimen for patients who have undergone surgical or transcatheter heart valve replacement.
- Recommend appropriate physical activity regimens for patients taking anticoagulant drugs.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
any faculty or author information??
- 5.00 AAFP prescribed