464 Lung Cancer
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
- Screen all patients for tobacco use.
- Assist patients who smoke cigarettes with smoking cessation using a combination of evidence-based methods.
- Perform a counseling and shared decision-making visit regarding lung cancer screening for high-risk patients.
- Summarize current guidelines for the monitoring of patients with pulmonary nodules.
- Describe the initial diagnostic evaluation of symptomatic patients with suspected lung cancer.
- Summarize methods of tissue diagnosis and staging in patients with lung cancer.
- Counsel patients with lung cancer about how functional capacity may affect man¬agement options.
- Discuss the roles of team members in a multidisciplinary team caring for patients with lung cancer.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Kelly Latimer, MD, MPH, FAAFP, is chief medical officer at the US Naval Hospital Sigonella, Italy. She is an associate professor in the department of family medicine at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU) in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr Latimer served on an expert panel for the National Academies National Cancer Policy Forum, which developed recommendations for the implementation of lung cancer screening. She authored an article on lung cancer for American Family Physician in 2015.
Timothy Mott, MD, FAAFP, is the family medicine specialty leader to the Surgeon General of the US Navy. He is an associate professor in the department of family medicine at the USU. Dr Mott is the chairman of the board and vice president of publications for the Family Physicians Inquiries Network.
- 5.00 AAFP prescribed