Estimated time to complete session: 60 mins.
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
1. Perform a differential diagnosis for dementia to rule out reversible causes.
2. Consider the utility of amyloid imaging as an option in the screening of patients suspected of having dementia.
3. Use evidence-based recommendations to formulate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic therapies to help lesson symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
4. Implement primary and secondary prevention strategies for patients with and at risk for Alzheimer’s disease.
5. Counsel patients and their family members on strategies for coping with neurologic disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease, that result in the loss of cognitive functioning.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Alvin B. Lin, MD, PLLC – Solo Private Practice, Las Vegas
- 1.00 AAFP prescribed