470 Musculoskeletal Therapies - July 2018
1. Cite the differences between direct and indirect osteomanipulative therapy (OMT) techniques and the usefulness of OMT for treating low back and neck pain.
2. Summarize potential adverse events associated with OMT and contraindications to OMT.
3. Describe the common adjunctive physical modalities of iontophoresis, phonophoresis, kinesiotape, laser therapy, and myofascial release. Summarize the conditions for which these adjunctive physical modalities might be of benefit to patients with musculoskeletal conditions.
4. Cite the uses of the following injection therapies for joints and tendinopathies that are supported by data: corticosteroid injections, hyaluronic acid, dextrose prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma, and mesenchymal stem cells.
5. Summarize the potential complications of each of these injection therapies.
6. Describe the techniques of acupuncture, dry needling and cupping and their proposed mechanisms of action.
7. Cite the conditions for which these techniques may be useful, based on current evidence.
- 0.75 AAFP elective