Seizures Disorders in Children and Adults
Estimated time to complete session: 75 mins.
Upon completion of this session, you should be able to:
1. Evaluate children presenting with febrile seizure in accordance with current AAP guidelines.
2. Evaluate pediatric and adult patients with an unprovoked first seizure, in accordance with current guidelines.
3. Compare and contrast recommended treatment options for patients with seizure disorders.
4. Involve pediatric and adult patients with seizure disorders in age-appropriate discussions on their disease processes, self-management, and treatment options.
5. Establish protocols to routinely screen cognition, mood, and behavior in patients with new-onset epilepsy.
6. Establish protocols to coordinate care of referred patients.
View technical requirements (opens in a new window).
View CME credit information (opens in a new window).
View disclosures and disclaimers (opens in a new window).
All materials herein are protected by copyright and are for the sole, personal use of the purchaser. No part of the written, oral, and broadcast production may be copied, duplicated, replicated or retransmitted without the prior permission of the applicable copyright owner.
The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of a copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.
Marcie J. Goeden, MD – Pediatric Neurologist, Children’s Mercy Kansas City, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine, Kansas City
- 1.25 AAFP prescribed